Homework in Year 1
- Reading We ask you to aim to read with your child daily, for around 10 minutes. Please aim to read each book at least twice with your child as this helps them to build their confidence and fluency. Reading books will be changed on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday where needed.
- Spelling Spellings are set on Spelling Shed on a Friday. Please learn these at home for an informal spelling 'quiz' the following Friday.
- Sounds and Red words Your child will receive sound flashcards and red word (tricky word) flashcards. Please practise these regularly at home.
- 'Optional' homework will be set on Seesaw once a week and will be based on something that we have been learning in class.
- Maths No formal Maths homework is set, however, please practise counting regularly. This could be counting money when shopping, toys or small objects, steps around the garden or cutlery when setting the table... there's lots of opportunities for this type of learning in our daily lives! Number bonds to 10 are also very key to Maths in Year 1, there are lots of online games to play involving these. Hit the Button is normally a Year 1 favourite!