IT’S OFFICIAL – WE CONTINUE TO BE A GOOD SCHOOL!
We were inspected by Ofsted on 9th & 10th November 2021, and we have now received the official report. We have always been extremely proud of our school, and over the past 5 years everyone connected with St Mary’s has worked extremely hard. We are delighted that this hard work has been recognised by Ofsted, and we would like to share some highlights from the report with you.
· A strong Christian ethos underpins the work of the school. There is a distinct sense of community spirit. It is like one big, happy family. Adults model the school’s values, such as friendship, forgiveness and compassion. Pupils follow their lead.
· Pupils are polite, thoughtful and courteous. Leaders and staff have high expectations of pupils’ behaviour. Pupils feel safe at school and say there is always someone to turn to if they are worried or upset.
· The executive headteacher and deputy headteacher lead the school well, ably supported by all staff. They are acutely aware of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on any lost learning and have worked hard to support pupils and families during this time.
· Leaders and staff use a demanding, rich curriculum to inspire pupils to achieve their best. Pupils’ curiosity is sparked by stimulating activities. They really enjoy their learning.
· Reading is a high priority in the school. Teachers use a well-structured early reading programme to deliver daily phonics lessons.
· The teaching of mathematics is strong. Leaders have developed a well-planned curriculum.
We are now looking forward to building on this success.