Wednesday 22nd April
NEW LEARNING TODAY - 'Percentages'
BUT IT VERY MUCH LINKS WITH TENTHS AND HUNDREDTHS SO DON'T WORRY!
Week 2 - lesson 3 'Understand percentages' (not summer week 2)
If you only have a smart phone, not a computer, then it would still be worth trying to watch this video link. They are very clearly laid out and will help to understand percentages. Please contact me via Seesaw so I can help you go through today's work if this is tricky for you.
NB: If you are not able to print out the worksheet - please leave out Q3 and Q8.
You do not need to copy out any of the hundred squares - simply count on screen and write the answer in your book.
This is a handy online hundred square to help you count the squares within a hundred
I think you will will all love this story-poem. It was written in 1829, so it uses old fashioned language. (It reminds me of James and the Giant Peach!) I would love you to watch, listen, read... and then do something creative for it - something you would find fun to do.
Here are just some ideas...
- Make a drama/performance for your family - remember all of those interesting actions you should do so it's not boring. You could also use the cut-out puppet characters below.
- You could learn some verses off by heart (and even ask family members to join in!)
- Dress up like the spider or the fly.
- If you are able, record your voice reading your favourite verses and I will pop them on the Seesaw journal so you can 'listen and like'.
- write a quiz about it for your friends and families
- Write a diary from the spider's point of view.
- write a new verse