Times tables- We will be following Froggy Maths Club for practising and testing the children's knowledge of their tables. Please see the information below. The new sheet will go out on a Friday with the test being the following Friday.
Sumdog - An activity will be set each Friday, to completed by the following Friday. All the children have individual logins.
Spellings- given weekly and tested weekly. Spellings are set weekly on Spelling Shed. Children all have their own individual login.
Reading- at least 5 times a week.
We have introduced Froggy Maths Club to Year 3. This initiative encourages children to have faster recall of number facts.
The programme starts with the 10 club and goes through to 99 club and then onto Superstars Division, Superstars Fractions and Squares and Cubes.
You can help your child at home by practising fast recall of number facts. Below is the list of clubs and the facts children need to learn for each club.
- 10 club : Addition facts to 10
- 11 Club: Subtraction fact to 10.
- 22 Club: Addition and subtraction facts to 20
- 33 Club: Facts from the 2, 5 and 10 times tables
- 44 Club: Facts from the 2, 5 10 and 3 times tables.
- 55 Club: Facts from the 2, 5, 10, 3 and 4 times tables.
- 66 Club: Facts from the 2, 5, 10, 3, 4 and 8 times tables.
- 77 Club: Facts from the 2, 5, 10, 3, 4, 8, 6, and 11 times tables.
- 88 Club: Facts from the 2, 5, 10, 3, 4, 8, 6, 11, 9 and 12 times tables
- 99 Club: Facts from all the tables up to 12 x 12
- Superstars Division 60 Club: Mental division sums using times table knowledge.
- Superstars Division 80 Club: Mental division sums using times table knowledge.
- Superstars Division 100 Club: Mental division sums using times table knowledge.
- Superstars Fractions 60 Club: Find fractions of numbers
- Superstars Fractions 80 Club: Find fractions of numbers
- Superstars Fractions 100 Club: Find fractions of numbers
- Squared Numbers
- Cubed Numbers
- Bronze Mix Up
- Silver Mix Up
- Gold Mix Up
By learning these number facts, we really hope that this programme will help your child carry out calculations more easily as they learn to use and apply their knowledge. There are lots of fun games to play that will encourage your child to learn their times tables without them even realising it! Please supervise your child whilst on the internet and follow the internet safety guidelines.